• The Belite is offered in either a Trike or Tailwheel version, with a variety of engine options.
• FOLDING WINGS is one of the most popular features of the Belite. This allows easy transport and storage of the aircraft.
• ENHANCED WING SPAN AND WING AREA makes the Belite much friendlier with big pilots and small engines.
• LIGHT WEIGHT of the Belite allows accommodation of BIG pilots.
• With a rate of climb of 400 fpm*, a cruise speed of up to 62 mph and up to a two-hour endurance, the Belite offers outstanding flying fun. Build time is less than 200 hours (not including fabric and paint).
• The Belite airplane requires real pilot skills. As a tailwheel airplane, it is remarkably easy to take off and land, but tailwheel operating knowledge is required. It is a very low inertia airplane, and like other light aircraft, care must be taken to keep approach speeds high enough to have energy for a good flare to land. In short, flying the Belite provides the economy and freedom of an ultralight and the flying characteristics of a Light Sport aircraft.
• The Belite has a control stick and rudder pedals for standard 3-axis aircraft controls, highly effective flaperons and classic taildragger styling. Wheels and brakes are tough aluminum and steel. Braking action is perfect and smooth because of the hydraulic brakes. The Belite aircraft sets a new standard for lightweight, durable construction.
• Each aircraft is equipped with a 5 gallon fuel tank, polycarbonate windshield and sunroof that provides 360 degree visibility, and a 4-point lap and shoulder harness.
*Dependent on engine selection — your climb rate can do better than this, actually … !